An avocado is a very common fruit in many countries. Most of them have a dark green skin with a light green interior. The oil which extracted from this fruit through the process of cold pressing has a lot of benefits to the skin and the hair. This oil has vitamin D, A and E. It contains good amount of potassium and lecithin. Furthermore, avocado contains adequate amount of fatty acids and proteins which are very crucial skin agents. Avocado has many uses but knowing how to apply is the most important thing. Below is a guide on how to use avocado to solve skin problems.
Mix a bath oil
- Mix one cup of almond oil and two cups of avocado oil and heat them in a saucepan. After heating them, add two teabags into the mixture.
- Into the mixture of almond and avocado oil mixture in the bottle, add some essential oils such as chamomile, lavender and geranium. Place a stopper on the bottle.
- Properly and carefully shake the bottle and place it in a cool and dark place for at least 24 hours.
- In a hot bath, pour 2 oz of this oil mixture. The avocado contained in the bath oil will rejuvenate and moisturize your skin making it supple and soft.
Produce a shampoo
- Into a bottle, pour ¼ of castle soap, ¼ of aloe vera, 1 tbsp of vegetable glycerin and ¼ of avocado oil.
- Place a stopper on the bottle; carefully and thoroughly shake the bottle to mix the ingredients properly.
- Pour this mixture into your hair and leave it for at most 5 minutes.
- Rinse the shampoo using cold water. The avocado contained in this shampoo will nourish your hair leaving it healthy.
Make a facial mask
- Reduce one avocado into a paste and then add 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Properly wash your face to get rid of any dirty and oils. Apply the avocado on your entire face excluding your eyes, mouth and nose.
Generate an age spot remedy recipe
- Mix 2 tbsp of avocado oil and two tbsp of Castor oil in medium size bowl. Mix them properly and apply it on spots using your fingers.
- Massage the oil at the age spots and leave it there for at most 15 minutes. Use warm water to rinse the oil. Avocado oil contains sterolins that moisturizes and treats age spots.
Rub pure avocado oil on your skin
Pour some small amount of avocado oil onto specific dry skin areas. Those people suffering from eczema might find some properties in avocado that can make their skin smooth.
BENEFITS OF USING AVOCADO AS A SKIN REMEDY
As stated earlier, avocado can be applied on your skin to make it smooth and on hair to make it health. There are also other products which serves the same function but avocado does the best. Therefore, this article will cover the many benefits of using avocado as a natural remedy for the skin. Apart from using avocado directly on your face, it is also advisable to eat good amount of it. It can as well give you a better complexion. It contains adequate amount of antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins which will improve your skin from within. The following are the major benefits of avocado.
1. Antioxidant Carotenoids for Healthy Skin
Avocados contains good amount of antioxidants such as beta carotene, zeaxanthin, alpha carotene, beta cryptoxanthin and lutein. This unique compound has an ability to protect your skin from all types of environmental damage which results, wrinkles, fine line and any other signs of aging.
2. Vitamin C
It is so unfortunate that a good number of people are unaware of the amount of vitamin C contained in an avocado fruit. Health experts recommend high intake of vitamins daily since they are soluble in water and cannot be stored in the body. A source of vitamin C with antioxidant properties is highly recommended because it is used to create collagen and elastin that binds the skin cells together making them firm. Fresh pineapple is another good source of vitamin C. it has numerous health benefits
3. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is also a source of antioxidant but due to its solubility, it can be used by the body in different ways. Vitamin E prevents free radical damage which is a result of oxidation of fats in the cells of your skin. This condition actually ages your skin. According to scientific research, vitamin E can as well reduce adverse effects of UVB and UVA from the sun. However, vitamin E can treat your skin very well especially if extracted from the natural sources such avocado.
4. Moisturizing monounsaturated fatty acids
Avocado contains great amounts of oleic acid and this makes it so beneficial to the skin. The moisturized fatty acid helps to maintain the levels of moisture in the epidermal of the skin. This makes your skin soft and hydrated. Oleic acid and omega 9 contained in the avocado oil are also responsible for repairing damaged skin dells reducing irritation and facial redness.
Besides many other benefits of avocado, it contains good amount of omega 9 which is very essential in your skin and general body health. You can take your avocado with kiwi and spinach smoothie making them very delicious. Besides enjoying delicious meals, you are improving the overall appearance of your body.
These are the benefits, tips and proper guide on how to apply avocado oil. This is a natural way of solving skin problem implying that rarely do they have any adverse side effects. Anybody, men, women or children can apply avocado to better their skin. In case avocado does not help you. You are advised to consult your doctor over the condition.