Do you have any idea on the reasons behind smelly farts? Well, if not here is the right place for you, in most cases smelly farts can be a source of embarrassment not only for the person who farts, but also for those around them, in that case they may lead to a number of problems such as social isolation and poor self-esteem thus the need of giving it a clear medical concern that will help in saving the situation.
In some cases, it may be a sign of an underlying digestive problem, though farting may be considered natural human occurrence in which some may consider to healthy signs of digestive tract, intestinal gases are composed of carbon (iv) oxide, nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen and methane, in that case most of these gases are odorless such that whenever a fart smells fouls it may show that there is something that has been added into it.
How it is generated
There are two ways in which a foul smell can generated in the stomach and the first way is consumption of foods that are rich in sulfur, typically the foods that are known to cause excessive gases are vegetables, fruits and beans but they are generally odorless, the second way in which farts can be foul smelling is gases remaining in the intestines for a longer period. More so, foul smelling farts are not a guarantee of serious illness, and if avoiding some kinds of foods doesn’t improve and experiencing additional symptoms such as nausea or vomiting it can be an indication of digestive tract disorder and some of the conditions may be as follows.
- Digestive tract infections – there are a number of viruses and bacteria that can lead to infections in the system, they are normally accompanied by diarrhea, abdominal pains and fever, since this condition may be severe, the best thing to do is to consult a doctor for appropriate medication.
- Lactose intolerance – lactose is the kind of sugar that is found in the dairy products, in some cases the body may lack enough enzymes that are necessary for breaking down lactose and it will remain on the digestive tract so that the odor causing bacteria will feed on, in that case, if you are lactose intolerant, you will have to avoid dairy products so as to reduce the amount of gas that you produce and it will improve the odor.
- Poor absorption of carbohydrates – This condition ranges from mild to severe, and in mild case it can be seen through abdominal pains that are associated with bloating, and in the severe case it is termed as Celiac disease that is associated with vitamin deficiencies, and the two conditions can be treated by the process of removing gluten in your diet, and it will help in improving the symptoms that are associated with this disease.
How to get rid of this condition
There are a number of ways that you can use to solve this problems and most of them include removing some of the foods that makes your diet, and they are as follows.
- Increasing the amount of vegetables and fresh fruits into your diet, and this will act as assistant that will help you to have bowel movements regularly and also acting as a natural laxative, by doing so the time that the gas will stay in the colon will decrease thus being less exposed to the bacteria causing bad odor. In that case, when the gas is exposed for a longer period of time, any food that will be taken thereafter will lead to foul smelling farts, and for you to ensure that there is regular bowel movement, you have to ensure that you take a lot of water and large intake of foods that are rich in natural fiber.
- More so, the best way of doing away with this problem is by ensuring that you avoid eating foods that has got high amounts of sulfur, this is the primary cause of odor of rotten eggs, thus being the notorious cause of foul smell, foods that are rich in sulfur includes the following, onions, garlic, cheese, eggs, and also sulfite preserved foods such as dried fruits and wines.
- Basically, it is all about change in lifestyle and the adjustments in the kitchen, primarily taking eight glasses of water a day will flush out the toxins that are responsible for odor, more so, drinking warm water with lemon in it before any meal will help a lot in reducing the problems to do with the gas.
- Use of herbal products also can be used to reduce smelly farts and they can help to a great extent and some of them include using the tea that are made of carminative herbs, to make this type of tea, you have to take equal parts of chamomile, balm and peppermint to make a mixture, then you add to half a cup of boiling water and it is to be consumed in mouthful doses.
- Eating anise seeds can also help in a great way, simply because it has got anti-spasmodic features that will help in relaxation of the digestive track, the relaxation also will help in cramping.
- Also chewing your food properly is among the best ways of dealing with smell farts simply because the food will take its course easily through the digestive system allowing proper digestion to take place hence avoiding accumulation of gas in the intestines.
In conclusion, this is all about the daily lifestyle, and few adjustments can give you positive results, and at the end of it all you will live a healthy life free of complications and digestive track disorders, it is only through proper and adequate follow up of the above steps and methods that you will be able to get rid of smelly farts.